Remotely control and monitor the extensive features of your SmartSolar MPPT charger with built-in Bluetooth by pairing it with your smartphone or other device via VictronConnect. If your installation is connected to the internet with a GX device, the Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM) provides access to the full power of your MPPT, anytime, anywhere; both VictronConnect and VRM are free to use. For remote installations - even when there is no internet connection nearby - you may be able to monitor your MPPT by connecting the GlobalLink 520.
The intelligent Load output function prevents damage caused by running batteries 'flat'. You can configure the voltage at which SmartSolar disconnects a load - thereby preventing excessive drain on your batteries. And here's the clever bit: SmartSolar will attempt a 100% recharge every day. If it can't - during periods of poor weather - it raises the disconnect voltage, daily, until it achieves success. We call this feature BatteryLife because it maintains the health, and extends the life of your battery.
BlueSolar and SmartSolar MPPT Charge Controllers Overview
Feature highlights common to all models
• Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT).
• Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions.
• Outstanding conversion efficiency.
• Natural convection cooling.
• Automatic battery voltage recognition.
• Flexible charge algorithm.
• Over temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high.
• Suitable for a variety of battery voltages. Most models connect to 12, 24, and 48V batteries, some only
connect to 12 and 24V batteries, or only to 48V batteries.
• Charge currents rating from 10A all the way up to 100A.
• Maximum PV array Voc voltages ranging from 75V up to 250V.
• Multiple chargers can be used in parallel, for large systems we recommend to use the models with a
VE.Can communication port.
PV terminal options:
• TR - one positive and one negative screw terminal.
• MC4 - 3 pairs of paralleled MC4 connectors.
• SmartSolar models have Bluetooth.
• BlueSolar models do not have Bluetooth. They can be retrofitted to have Bluetooth by connecting the
VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle. Advantage: the product is not Bluetooth accessible when the
dongle is not connected. Note that on the SmartSolar models, Bluetooth can be disabled.
• VictronConnect Application. Connects via Bluetooth or via the VE.Direct - USB interface
• MPPT Control. Connects to all models via a VE.Direct cable
• SmartSolar Control Display. Plugs directly into the housing of the larger models
• GX device
• VRM website (GX monitoring device needed)
• VE.Direct - all models
• VE.Direct and VE.Can - limited models. VE.Can is especially suitable for systems with multiple solar
chargers. All units are simply “daisy chained” to each other with a single RJ45 cable between each unit
and also between the las unit in the chain and the a GX monitoring device.
Temperature sensor options:
• Internally (all models).
• Externally via the Smart Battery Sense (only SmartSolar models).
Load output options:
• Physical output - On the 10, 15 and 20A models.
• Virtual output - via VE.Direct TX digital output cable and the BatteryProtect or a solid-state relay.
Remotely enabling and disabling the charger:
• All larger units feature the Victron standard remote on/off terminals. All models that don’t feature an
onboard Remote on/off terminal can be remotely controlled by using the VE.Direct non inverting
remote on/off cable – ASS030550310. Note that this prohibits using the VE.Direct port for anything
Firmware update options:
• Local updates via the VictronConnect Application (via Bluetooth or USB-VE.Direct interface)
• Remote updates via VRM website and a GX device
• VictronConnect Application (free download)
• Wire boxes, to cover and protect the terminals. See table on page 2 for wire box types
• Control and display panels: MPPT control or SmartSolar control)
• GX monitoring device (CCGX, Venus GX, Octo GX or Cerbo GX)
• Data cables: VE.Direct cable, RJ45 Cable (VE.Can models only), USB-VE.Direct interface
• External control cables: TX cable, non-inverting cable
• Bluetooth dongle (for non-smart models)
• To access the above-mentioned documents or information: press the search button on our website
and enter the appropriate search word.
• For connection to a Color Control GX or other GX device see:
SmartSolar Charge Controllers with load output
MPPT 75/10, 75/15, 100/15, 100/20-48V
Bluetooth Smart built-in
The wireless solution to set-up, monitor, update and synchronise SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
For a wired data connection to a Color Control GX, other GX products, PC or other devices
Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
Over-discharge of the battery can be prevented by connecting all loads to the load output. The load output will disconnect the load when the battery has been discharged to a pre-set voltage (48V model: interface with a relay).
Alternatively, an intelligent battery management algorithm can be chosen: see Battery Life.
The load output is short circuit proof.
Battery Life: intelligent battery management
When a solar charge controller is not able to recharge the battery to its full capacity within one day, the result is often that the battery will continually be cycled between a ‘partially charged’ state and the ‘end of discharge’ state. This mode of operation (no regular full recharge) will destroy a lead-acid battery within weeks or months.
The Battery Life algorithm will monitor the state of charge of the battery and, if needed, day by day slightly increase the load disconnect level (i.e. disconnect the load earlier) until the harvested solar energy is sufficient to recharge the battery to nearly the full 100%. From that point onwards, the load disconnect level will be modulated so that a nearly 100% recharge is achieved about once every week.
Programmable battery charge algorithm
See the software section on our website for details
Day/night timing and light dimming option
See the software section on our website for details
Internal temperature sensor
Compensates absorption and float charge voltage for temperature.
Optional external battery voltage and temperature sensing via Bluetooth
A Smart Battery Sense or a BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor can be used to communicate battery voltage and temperature to one or more SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
Fully discharged battery recovery function
Will initiate charging even if the battery has been discharged to zero volts.
Will reconnect to a fully discharged Li-ion battery with integrated disconnect function.