Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150/70-MC4 VE.Can Solar Charge Controller 12V/24/48V
Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150/70-MC4 VE.Can
Solar charge controller with VE.Can (Canbus)
150VDC / 70A
CONTACT US FOR QUANTITY DISCOUNTS / INSTALLER / RESELLER PRICING
email@example.com / 0118880410
Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150/70-MC4 VE.Can
A solar charger gathers energy from your solar panels, and stores it in your batteries. Using the latest, fastest technology, SmartSolar maximises this energy-harvest, driving it intelligently to achieve full charge in the shortest possible time. SmartSolar maintains battery health, extending its life.
The SmartSolar charge controller will even recharge a severely depleted battery. It can operate with a battery voltage as low as 0 Volts, provided the cells are not permanently sulphated or otherwise damaged.
MPPT: Ultra Fast Maximum Power Point Tracking
By constantly monitoring the voltage and current output of your solar (PV) panels, MPPT technology ensures that every drop of available power is rinsed out of your panels, and harvested for storage. The advantage of this is most noticeable when the sky is partially clouded, and light intensity is constantly changing.
Maximum Power Point Tracking
The Maximum Power Point (MPP) is the point Pmax along the curve where the product I x V reaches its peak.
When using a PWM (not MPPT) controller the output voltage of the solar panel will be nearly equal to the voltage of the battery, and will be lower than Vmp.
Control Your Charger Remotely
The MPPT VE.Can SmartSolar charger can be remotely controlled and configured over Bluetooth via the VictronConnect App. This allows device set-up, management, and at-a-glance information, such as battery voltage and current, PV voltage and current, and historical data.
Daisy Chain Additional Units
The VE.Can SmartSolar charger is equipped with CAN bus ports. This allows for communication with additional VE.Can SmartSolar chargers. The additional units are simply “daisy chained” to each other with a single RJ45 cable between the individual units.
When connected to each other, all individual VE.Can SmartSolar chargers, will synchronise their charge stages. They can also send their data, via a single cable, to a GX monitoring device.
Remote Monitoring and Control
Remotely control and monitor the extensive features of your SmartSolar MPPT charger with built-in Bluetooth by pairing it with your smartphone or other device via VictronConnect. If your installation is connected to the internet with a GX device, the Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM) provides access to the full power of your MPPT, anytime, anywhere; both VictronConnect and VRM are free to use. For remote installations - even when there is no internet connection nearby - you may be able to monitor your MPPT by connecting the GlobalLink 520.
BlueSolar and SmartSolar MPPT Charge Controllers Overview
Feature highlights common to all models
• Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions.
• Outstanding conversion efficiency.
• Natural convection cooling.
• Automatic battery voltage recognition.
• Flexible charge algorithm.
• Over temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high.
connect to 12 and 24V batteries, or only to 48V batteries.
• Charge currents rating from 10A all the way up to 100A.
• Maximum PV array Voc voltages ranging from 75V up to 250V.
• Multiple chargers can be used in parallel, for large systems we recommend to use the models with a
VE.Can communication port.
PV terminal options:
• MC4 - 3 pairs of paralleled MC4 connectors.
• BlueSolar models do not have Bluetooth. They can be retrofitted to have Bluetooth by connecting the
VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle. Advantage: the product is not Bluetooth accessible when the
dongle is not connected. Note that on the SmartSolar models, Bluetooth can be disabled.
• MPPT Control. Connects to all models via a VE.Direct cable
• SmartSolar Control Display. Plugs directly into the housing of the larger models
• GX device
• VRM website (GX monitoring device needed)
• VE.Direct and VE.Can - limited models. VE.Can is especially suitable for systems with multiple solar
chargers. All units are simply “daisy chained” to each other with a single RJ45 cable between each unit
and also between the las unit in the chain and the a GX monitoring device.
Temperature sensor options:
• Externally via the Smart Battery Sense (only SmartSolar models).
Load output options:
• Virtual output - via VE.Direct TX digital output cable and the BatteryProtect or a solid-state relay.
Remotely enabling and disabling the charger:
onboard Remote on/off terminal can be remotely controlled by using the VE.Direct non inverting
remote on/off cable – ASS030550310. Note that this prohibits using the VE.Direct port for anything
Firmware update options:
• Remote updates via VRM website and a GX device
• Wire boxes, to cover and protect the terminals. See table on page 2 for wire box types
• Control and display panels: MPPT control or SmartSolar control)
• GX monitoring device (CCGX, Venus GX, Octo GX or Cerbo GX)
• Data cables: VE.Direct cable, RJ45 Cable (VE.Can models only), USB-VE.Direct interface
• External control cables: TX cable, non-inverting cable
• Bluetooth dongle (for non-smart models)
and enter the appropriate search word.
• For connection to a Color Control GX or other GX device see:
Optional SmartSolar Control Display
By adding the SmartSolar Control Display you will be able to check the status of your Charger and battery-storage at a glance. Simply plug it into the face of your MPPT charger to provide you with real-time monitoring and set-up capabilities.
SmartSolar Charge Controllers with VE.Can interface MPPT 150/70 VE.Can up to MPPT 150/100 VE.Can
Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
Conventional MPPTs tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP.
The innovative BlueSolar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum MPP.
Outstanding conversion efficiency
The full output current up to 40°C (104°F).
Flexible charge algorithm
selectable with a rotary switch (see manual for details).
Extensive electronic protection
PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection.
PV reverse current protection.
Internal temperature sensor and optional external battery voltage and temperature sensing via Bluetooth
communicate battery voltage and temperature (and current, in case of a BMV 712 or a
SmartShunt) to one or more SmartSolar Charge Controllers
VE.Direct or VE.Can
Fully discharged battery recovery function
Will reconnect to a fully discharged Li-ion battery with integrated disconnect function.
VE.Can: the multiple controller solution
Optional: SmartSolar pluggable LCD display